Zulich utilizes a thorough screening process for individuals who apply to lease an apartment. Every applicant must meet the following requirements:
1) A recommendation from your current landlord. If a letter from your landlord is not provided, our leasing agent will contact your landlord directly. This is to verify that your rent payment is always timely and that you have mutual respect for other tenants' enjoyment of the property.
2) A letter from your current employer stating your position, yearly salary and duration of your employment. If a letter is not provided, your employer will be contacted directly by our leasing agent to verify this information.
3) A credit check will be processed to verify your credit history and current credit position. As a result, a social insurance number and/or birthday will be required in order to administer a credit check.
4) A last month's rent deposit is mandatory to hold an apartment upon an approved application. Payment must be made in the form of a money order, cheque or cash.
Please note that when you are approved to lease an apartment with Zulich, your deposit is non-refundable.
1) How can an appointment be arranged to view an apartment?
Please contact the individual property directly. The leasing agent will schedule a time for you to view an apartment. Contact information is available on individual web site pages or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) What kind of maintenance is offered?
Our on-call superintendent is available 24 hours per day for emergency services. For non-emergency maintenance, please contact the rental office directly and the administrator will schedule a time for the superintendent to complete repairs.
3) What security deposit is required to hold an apartment?
A deposit equivalent to your last month's rent is required to hold an apartment.
4) Is there availability for parking?
Parking is offered at all our properties, however, there may be an additional charge depending on the location of the individual property.
5) Does Zulich enforce policies with respect to noise?
Zulich has a 'no tolerance' policy regarding noise. If it becomes a recurring problem, Zulich will proceed with an immediate eviction.
6) If the rent is late for any reason, what is the penalty?
Zulich will not tolerate late payment of rent for any reason. Rent is due by the 1st day of the month. If a tenant fails to abide by these rules, Zulich will proceed with an immediate eviction. If payment is made by cheque and is returned NSF, the tenant will be charged a penalty of $25.00. Furthermore, future rent payment by cheque will not be accepted.
7) If a tenant needs to break their lease for any reason, what is Zulich's penalty for doing so?
When a tenant signs a lease he/she is signing a binding agreement to rent the premises for a period of a minimum of one year.
Only under very special conditions may a tenant break a lease at which time the tenant will be charged a penalty equivalent to two months rent.
The above not with standing, 60 days written notice to vacate is still required.
8) How much notice are tenants required to give Zulich when they decide to terminate their lease (assuming that their initial lease of 12 months has expired)?
Ontario law requiresthat the tenant gives a minimum of 60 days written notice. This notice must be received to a Zulich office no later than the 1st of the 10th month of your original lease or the 1st of any month, 2 months prior to your desired vacate date.
9) Are tenants allowed to have pets?
Due to overwhelming tenant requests, we are not allowing new tenants to have pets..